Water Tower Background

Built in the 1890’s, the tower is an early example of 19th century concrete construction. This Category C Listed building stands in a prominent position above the village and has graced Garmouth’s skyline for more than 100years.

Though no longer used as a reservoir to improve the water supply to both villages, it has been retained as a landmark on one of the most spectacular viewpoints of the area. Information boards highlight local and historical features and the ground surrounding the benches is planted with indigenous wild flowers.